LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week Thirty-Four

Down 1.6 pounds!

After maintaining the weight for the past two weeks, there has finally been a change....and for the better!  The hot weather we recently had was not incredibly helpful to me since all I wanted to do was eat cold/cool things like ice cream.  Yeah, not so hot (pardon the pun) for someone trying to drop some nasty weight.  So, when I went grocery shopping I thought I'd try to find some snacks that would help satisfy me.  One day when I had just been hungry, I had gone up front to the mailroom and I thought I'd stop off and see if there was "something" I could get at the little snack shack.  I happened upon some string cheese and thought "what the hell....why not?"  It's cold, it's something of the dairy persuasion so it's got protein, and it's got a hint of saltiness which would hit that salty snack craving I was having.  Wouldn't you know it?  That bit of string cheese really worked.  Guess I should have listened to my inner 5 year old sooner.

I was also starting to get roped in by the siren song of the vending machine with all of it's glorious Hostess snack cakes.  Uh oh.  A friend of mine had introduced me to Cinnamon Cheerios (really, I SHOULD have listened to my inner 5 year old) and darned if they weren't just super tasty and satisfying as well when you NEED something sweet.  So, in the same shopping trip, I bought a box of those Cheerios.  I've cleaned out the entire box, but those silly Cheerios really helped me stave off some not-so-nice sweet attacks.

I will cop to this though, I do have a special container for those Cheerios.  I have a Goldfish plastic container that you are supposed to put fishy crackers in.  Yeah.  I rock the Cheerios in that thing.  If nothing else, I'm losing weight and making my coworkers smile at my inner 5 year old.

1 comment:

  1. I bought 2 boxes of Cheerios, aren't they perfect. 3 pts for a cup! They were on sale at Target last week.

    ReplyDelete