LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weeks Fifty-One through Fifty-Seven

FINALLY!!!!!!  I had a significant weight loss this week!
The past month or so has been nothing but yo-yo-ing back and forth…..up here, down here, up here, down here.  Needless to say, it’s been frustrating and a bit depressing for me, and I’ve felt like something had to give.

My mom got a rowing machine mid-January (not those funky 80s style ones….but the kind that rowing clubs use for training) and I’ve been putting in some time on that thing each week.   At first, I could barely do 10 minutes without having to stop and take a break, and I had to keep the intensity really low.  Believe it or not, it’s really a big ass-kicking workout since you are actually working your whole body; it’s a deceptively simple looking workout.  Gradually, I’ve upped my time each week, and I’ve upped the intensity of the workout.  Now I alternate between two workouts:  20 minute duration at a higher resistance, or I do 30 minutes (or 5000 meters) at a moderate intensity.  Not only have I noticed that I don’t get winded as quickly, but I’ve also noticed some serious muscle building/toning going on in all the major muscle groups.
 
I have to say that I’m really pleased about that since I don’t dig jiggle, and my arms (we won’t even talk about my stomach) have never been a thing of pride for me.  I can deal with maybe not dropping some serious poundage quickly in exchange for losing inches on the body and toning up that which has been SORELY lacking.

2 comments:

  1. This month was a total bust for me, everyone wanted to take me out for dinner for my birthday! Four dinners down and one to go. The rowing machine sounds awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to sign up AGAIN and go to meetings. I need a change of scenery. There is a new WW closer to my house that has a Sunday 900am meeting, plus it's next to the VON's.

    ReplyDelete