LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week Eighteen

So this week, I had a slight gain of 0.4 pounds but I'm not complaining in the least.

Last week I had a really great loss on the scale, but I also wasn't eating much of anything as I was sick.  Well, this week it was a lot of the same overall ickiness, but I did have my appetite come back a little bit.  Yeah, just in time for all the retirement parties and food celebrations at work.  Sigh.  Fortunately, it was kind of busy in the office so I didn't get out to any of the parties.  Thus, I missed tons of cake and assorted junk food opportunities.  Yay me?  Thursday did make up for everything though.  It was Donuts and Juice Day for the employee appreciation week, plus the lady that was supposed to bring the donuts forgot and to make up for it, she brought a truckload of tamales and pan dulce.  The donuts and juice were there too; someone else brought those.  I admit, I had one cheese tamale and a pan dulce and they were darn tasty!  Probably all the more so since I haven't had that in ages.  So then, the employee awards ceremony/retiree recognition ceremony was that day as well......Mexican food for lunch.  Yes, I partook and it was darn tasty too!  It's one of the few things that registers any sort of taste with me right now, so I'm all for it.

Friday was a little better, the only "hiccup" if you will was that we had another department buy pizza for us as a thank you for the help we've given them over the semester.  Oh boy.  I only had two slices.  Yep, that's it.  They tasted great, but I've noticed that the longer I DON'T eat a regular diet of junk food, the less tolerance for it I have.  I kinda felt crappy a couple hours afterward, but I just drank some water and ate a sensible dinner (and we did eat out on our usual Friday Date Night).

Here's hoping that next week will be a lot less coughy and stuffy and more on the normal track to wellness.  I'd like to have my full range of tastebuds back and not have food taste funky.  I'll also be glad when I'm not hocked up on cold meds.....it's getting old and I think it's making me dehydrated which is not fun.  Plus, it will be nice when I can breathe deeply again so that I can step up the intensity on my walks.

1 comment:

  1. I got you beat! I weighed in at 134.something when I got back from Las Vegas. I thought (key word) I was being good, I walked a lot but had regular Pepsi and French Fries twice, mexican too late at night and a BBQ at my cousins with beers..So am I surprised "No". working it this week and will check again on Monday.

    ReplyDelete