LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week Seventeen

I'm sitting in the room in Carlsbad typing away for you guys after my weigh in.  Dedicated, huh?

All joking aside, I had a good week....weight-wise.  I lost 3 pounds this week!  I know that any loss is a good loss, and I should be ecstatic at the huge loss I had, but it was mostly due to me being sick this week.  We'll see how things go when I'm eating normally again.  Or maybe this was the kick in the pants I needed to stop the Yo-Yo Plateau nonsense.  Who knows?

Last night, Chris and I went to Claim Jumper for my birthday.  I did try to be good and just order normal stuff since I knew I was going to weigh in today.  Fortunately, I really didn't want to eat anything (Okay, this is the part where I know some of you have fallen off your chairs....but wait, there's more!) so I just got the produce bar and a bowl of french onion soup.  It was tasty and the soup felt good on my sore throat, so it was a win all around.  Plus, I was able to at least watch the sodium intake on the produce bar.  I think that helped a little.  We did get dessert since it was my birthday, and I was going to have something, gosh darn it!  We ordered the brownie sundae thing, which I might add is the size of a roofing tile.  I think I might have eaten maybe an eighth of the thing, and I declared that I was done.  (Yes, I know it's a shock...but close your mouth please.  We are not codfish.)  So, we packed said chocolate roofing tile up and took it with us.  I joked that we would have brownie until our anniversary which is on Monday.  Normally, I would have eaten half that thing and then felt SO sorry afterward. 

So, I guess the moral of my pity party is that you should learn how to eat from sick people.  Act like you really are put out with the whole eating thing, and only eat what you reasonably need to eat.  Eat only enough so that you have something in your stomach, but not so much it makes you nauseated.  Be reasonable with dessert...don't go nuts with it, as tasty as it may be.  And when all else fails, pack that stuff up to go!

3 comments:

  1. So do you still have any roofing tile left? That sounded so good and yes I did have my mouth open like a codfish. You are doing great, not to get discouraged about the Yo Yo plateau business. I weigh tomorrow and as always just hope not to hae gained. I have Las Vegas next week end and a birthday the following week end. You're getting close to 30 pounds gone bye bye..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three pounds is awesome, Steph! I am so happy for you. I completely understand what you are saying about being sick. It does leave you feeling a little weak, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty happy about it too. Not happy about the circumstances, but it is what it is. I went up a little this week, but I'm still not complaining. When you're not eating normally you sort of have to take what you get.

    ReplyDelete