LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week Nineteen

Down 1 pound exactly today! 

I have to say that I'm extremely happy about this as my weight has been bouncing around this month.  It's really difficult to maintain a normal eating habit when you're not feeling well, and it seems like I've been sick for a good 75% of this month.  Sigh.  I'm hoping that once this last little bout of ickiness is gone, that I'm DONE being sick.

I'm only 1.2 pounds away from my next personal weight loss goal of 30 pounds.  Wow, 30 pounds.  It's hard to believe that the weight has come off so quickly.  Yeah, I've lost an average of 1.5 pounds a week, which is about what you should expect, but it just seems like it's happened so quickly.  I know I am excited every time I can fit into something that's been languishing in the closet or drawer for a while.  I got a box of clothes from my aunt this week.  She's been losing weight, and a lot of these things she's only worn once (or not at all) and she's way too small for them now.  About a third of the stuff I can actually wear now, and it's so cool to have new things!  The other third, I can get into but I don't look good as I do need to lose a little more.  The last third is "no way, no how".....wayyyyyy too small.  But that's okay, at least I have something to look forward to!

4 comments:

  1. What a score with the new clothes. I hope you feel better starting NOW. You are doing fantastic. Now the parties are over, tomorrow is the beginning of Smack down Summer, those 6 pounds have got to go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling a lot better. I was out puttering around in the flowerbeds and potting/re-potting plants this past weekend.

    I'm also really enjoying the new clothes. It's always nice to have new things, but it's also nice to give these clothes a little longer life as well. I know my aunt felt bad that she had to give them up and didn't really get a chance to wear them.

    I don't know if you like cherries, but they have TONS of them at the farmers' market now. The berries are also getting a lot sweeter now that they're coming more into season. Maybe that will help with your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought cherries at Stater Bros and they were pretty darn good. I love cherries and watermelon. I am not going to drink alcohol for the June, well now that will be easy. Maybe we can meet up on Sunday,I have your better late than never birthday gift..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can meet up with you after the farmers' market....we usually go around 9:30. I have to get my fruit!

    ReplyDelete