LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

Week Thirty-One

WOOHOO!!!!!  Down 2.8 pounds!!!!!

If I had stayed for the meeting on Saturday, you better believe I would have been celebrating!  This brings the total weight loss, to date, to the grand total of 36.4 pounds.  I finally cracked the "35 pound loss" floor that I had been dancing around for weeks (it seemed).

I really wish I knew what exactly it was that brought on that loss.  I've been trying to figure it out.  I've been making sure that I stay hydrated and I take my vitamins.  Other than that, I'm not sure if the recent warmer weather played a part or if it's just that my body decided that it was okay to shed a few extra pounds.  I'm kinda leaning toward that explanation.  Nothing's really moved much the past few weeks, to my frustration, and then all of a sudden......BAM!  I've just been staying the course:  drinking water, eating my daily points "ration", keeping indulgences down to a dull roar, and making sure I exercise regularly.

I guess that's the thing to take away from this:  "stay the course".  It's really easy to get all frustrated with a lack of results (or the wishy washy ups and downs on the scale) and abandon what you know will eventually work for you.  I think it's really easy for us to get annoyed and lose faith with things that may take some time to take effect, and I think we tend to get irritated with ourselves when our bodies don't want to do something when WE think they should. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope I will be able to recognize you Friday.

    ReplyDelete