LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's June Already......

Insane.  I can't believe it's June already.  Where has the time gone? 

Seriously, it seems like not that long ago it was the beginning of May, and beyond that....I don't really remember January being so long ago.  This being said, I also can't believe that I've lost 28.8 pounds so far.  I had tried to lose the weight before my mom smacked some sense into me and talked me into going back to WW.  Believe me, I had tried....but it just didn't work.  Now is about the time where I'm sorta kicking myself for not going back sooner because I would have had LESS overall weight to lose.  Yeah, woulda coulda shoulda.

May was a great month full of a lot of celebrations.  I celebrated another year of marriage, another year on the planet, and there's been a lot of celebrations at work for the large number of people retiring.  The only cruddy thing about May this year was that I was sick for most of it.  Three weeks.  Three weeks!!!!!  That did not do wonders for my weight loss, but overall I did actually have a weight loss to report when it was all over with.  Yeah, I only lost 2.6 pounds over the course of the month, but at least I didn't maintain or (heaven forbid) gain anything.

Here's hoping that June shows more success on the scale than May did.  I'm feeling tons better healthwise; I have more energy, I sleep better, I don't have as much joint and foot pain.  I'm also feeling a lot better about myself as well.  While I will not ever be one of those chicks with a flat stomach and toned, hot body......I will be able to wear smaller sizes and I'll look at lot better without all the flab.  Plus, maybe I'll finally be able to put my wedding set back on my finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment