LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week Twenty-One

EPIC WEEK OF HUNGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Grrrrr.  Yep, that's been my stomach this week.  I guess I called it last week, or perhaps I jinxed it. 

This week I have not only been hungry all the time, but I've been strangely tired too.  I get the feeling like I haven't been sleeping too terribly well and I have woken up a few days in pain (lower back pain).  Maybe I was sleeping funny or something.  I have no idea, really.  The combination of the two has just created this epic week of hunger for me though.  Although I did go up a pound this week, I have to admit that I think I still did a pretty good job this week, overall.

First, I came prepared.  Yep, I had carrots all prepped and cut into sticks, and these were packed up in containers so they were ready to go.  I also had the various fruits (mostly berries and cherries) packed up in containers as well, so I had those on hand too.  I'd pop one of each into my lunch bag in the morning and I just kept those in the fridge at work for when Epic Hunger would strike. 

Second, I planned ahead for eating out.  I know, this sounds reminiscent of a "like, duh" but I really had to up the thoughfulness on this one for the Week of Epic Hunger.  We usually go out to eat on Friday night, and I was just ravenous.  This is dangerous, as you guys well know, when you're eating out since EVERYTHING looks good.  So, I pulled up the nutrition facts for the restaurant we were going to, and I pulled up the WW points calculator online.  I calculated the points for about 4 different things that appealed to me and jotted those down.  I did the math and figured that I would have 9 daily points left over after I ate what I wanted to at dinner.  Okay....that's fine, until you figure in that I haven't eaten lunch yet and that's 6 points.  Oh.  So I made a quick call to Chris and asked him if he minded going for a walk after dinner at the park.  He didn't (such a sweetie), so that gave me 6 activity points I could use toward my day.  Woo hoo!  I have to admit, that I felt a lot better going on that walk after dinner because I just didn't feel all...."blargh".

No comments:

Post a Comment