LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week Twenty

This week brings a loss of 2.6 pounds on the scale as well as the end of me being sick!!!! Woo hoo!

I wish I could say that there has been some special "magic bullet" that's brought about the huge dumping of weight this week, but I really don't know what it is.  I've made an effort to stay within my daily points, and even with Memorial Day happening, I still tried hard not to overindulge.  The funny thing is though, I've noticed that I haven't been super hungry throughout the day.  I don't know if it's just better food choices, or some sort of funky appetite sluggishness from being sick, but although I'm eating much more normally now I just haven't been getting really hungry during the day.  Yeah, maybe next week will be the Week of Hunger, who knows?

I've been taking this as an opportunity to listen to my body and feed it accordingly.  Yes, I know that could have the potential to get me in a world of hurt....but hear me out.  I have been trying to incorporate less carbs and more protein in my diet already, but I've also been eating when my body says it's hungry and not necessarily eating when I think it's time to according to the clock.  I do make an effort to not eat dinner past 7 pm, but that's simply because it's an awful feeling to go to bed on a full stomach.  At least, it is for me.  I don't sleep well, and I feel like I have "food hangover" or something the next morning.  Blech.  I've also been trying to make sure that I stay properly hydrated as well.  I've been trying to drink green tea as well as the requisite morning coffee, in addition to the water that I normally consume.

With all this, I did have a tiny slack-off though.......my vitamins.  Sigh.  It's easier for me to remember to take them in the evening with dinner.  However, when I wasn't feeling well and was absolutely not hungry and nothing even tasted good....that got a little lax.  I've been trying to get back on track and form the habit again, since I know it's something that I truly do need to do and it will only help kick my immune system back to where it needs to be.  I guess that's my project for the next week.

In the meantime, I'm just happy that my clothes are fitting so much better.  I still am not able to get my wedding set back on the pudgy ol' ring finger....but I'm working on it.  Perhaps within the next few months, that will become a reality!

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAAA....31 and counting. Monday is the day for me, so lets hope for the best. Oh my my after my Saturday night drink a thon last week, what can I say!

    ReplyDelete