LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week Twenty-Three

Well, I didn't go up this week, but I didn't go down either.  Yup...straight-up maintained the weight.

That's okay though.  We had a surprise retirement celebration for two of the guys in our department on Thursday, and we had mexican food.  For my part, I was really pleased with how well I did.  I opted not to eat breakfast that morning since we were going to be eating around 11.  Since I usually eat my breakfast around 10, I was okay...a touch hungry, but okay.  Yeah, I had two green chile/cheese tamales, but I didn't load up on chips or rice.  I had a proper portion of pasta salad (the no-mayo kind), and a proper portion of refriend beans.  I was really pretty well-behaved considering that I was hungry, and usually that's when I make my poor choices.  I sure wasn't hungry at all for the rest of the day....well, until dinner of course.  The walk in the park made me really hungry.

So, all the extra food that I normally wouldn't be eating probably didn't help with me actually showing a loss.  However, I did celebrate with my co-workers and we had a really great extended lunch outside.  Sometimes it's not completely about the food and being on your absolute best behavior with it.  Sometimes it's actually about enjoying yourself and savoring the food you are eating. 

2 comments:

  1. You are still doing well "BECAUSE YOU DON'T QUIT'! I think that in itself is an awesome accomplishment. Celebrate that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am celebrating! I don't quit because anything worth doing, is worth doing right. Plus, I've lost about a third of what I want to lose...so quitting now would just be stupid. :o) If I quit now, there's a whole closet full of clothes that I won't ever be able to get into again.

    ReplyDelete