LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week Twenty-Five

Down 2.8 pounds!!!!!!

This week was an interesting week because I don't feel like I did anything outside the scope of "normal" to get this loss.  This week was rather warm, so perhaps some of the weight loss can be attributed to water loss, but I'm not really sure that's the entire case.  I did make sure that I drank plenty of water to stay properly hydrated.  I have to say that really don't care much for the headache that comes with dehydration.  I also don't really care for the fatigue and dizziness. 

This week was also kind of a mixed bag in terms of how hungry I was.  I think that was related to how hot it was.  I noticed that some days I was starving when I woke up, and other days I really didn't eat (or want to eat) anything until almost noon.  I just made sure that I packed something to eat for breakfast and that I had some sort of snack (usually carrots or berries) just in case.  Most of the time this week, I didn't eat much for breakfast and I would wind up eating my snack for lunch since it was something cold and crunchy.  I also made sure I kept cut up fruit like peaches in the fridge at work, and sometimes I'd eat those for lunch.  For some reason this week, that was enough for me.  But, it wasn't a Week of Epic Hunger....so that's probably why I was able to slide by with that.

I think the Nugget of Wisdom to take away this week is to eat for what your body needs.  I noticed that with the days being so warm, I tended to want water-rich food items and I preferred to have cold food items as well.  Occasionally, I did want something hot to eat, and I would go ahead and heat up the Smart Ones for lunch.  I also made sure to drink plenty of water and fluids and make sure to take my vitamins (I know....I still struggle with this) to help ensure that I'm getting the right amount of nutrients.

3 comments:

  1. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up 2.5..why, because I am not making good food choices. Too many sweets and meals out because I have been lazy in shopping and cooking, plus not bringing my lunch to work! It isn't hard to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess your challenge for next week is to make better food choices and plan ahead. We struggle with that too.....sometimes it's easier to just eat out than to cook....but it doesn't help out on the scale a whole heck of a lot. My night at the movies this Friday (7-15) caused me to go up a pound....and I'd really not like to weigh it next week. Time to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete