LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Just Get A Move On....

This cold, damp weather has not been nice for me at all.  I love the rain, I really do, but the dampness just sets in and I ache.  I'm talking a 4 Advil kind of ache.  Ever since I got rear-ended 4 years ago, I've noticed that my lower back does tend to hurt a bit when the weather turns foul.  Today is also Monday....Monday is one of four go-to-the-gym-with-my-mom days.  Sigh.  Pop the Advil.

The thought of just not going....just calling from work and begging off since my back hurts and I'm walking around the office like Ozzy Osbourne (minus the unintelligible speech) was tempting.  But no.  I'm a better and stronger person than that.  Plus, I was challenged to lose the remainder of my 10% target weight over the next 2 weeks.  So, I went to the gym and did my usual workout.  Well, not really, I'm not Superwoman.....I did dial down the intensity a smidge. 

I left the gym 40 minutes later all sweaty, smelly, funky, tired, but surprisingly not in pain.  I don't know if it's all that good walking on the treadmill or those Advil kicked in....but I felt pretty darn good.  I also felt good knowing that even though my body wouldn't let me do my usual intensity for my workout, I still went.  I still exercised, I still got sweaty, and I still got my heart rate up. 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, I walked at my lunch even though it was Cold and Windy. My mom baked a Buttermilk pie and sent half of it home with John. I had a piece, counted the points 6..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome....way to keep moving! I think that's why I've had such success so far, I've made the conscious effort to be active. It really does make a difference.

    Good for you with the pie....only having ONE piece! I know how tempting it can be to have that kind of thing sitting around at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise! I miss it so much. Working at home on the computer all day and taking care of the babies....I never get to work out. Also being lazy gets in the way. I wish I had a motivator like my mom to kick my butt. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...laziness is a great demotivator. :o) It's kinda how I got in this predicament in the first place. Do you have any chance to get out and take a walk, even if you have the girls with you? All you have to do is walk 15 minutes in one direction, turn around and come home. You can get a 30 minute walk in, and you've really put no effort into doing it, plus it kind of makes it a little fun. You also have the added bonus of getting a much needed break from the house stuff and the computer!

    ReplyDelete