LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rained Away

I was looking forward to going to the Farmers' Market today, but they were rained away.  Bummer.  I don't buy a lot of produce at the grocery store anymore, since there's a few really awesome vendors I go to at the farmers' market.  I get my salad mix from the "lettuce guy" and haven't bought bagged salad in probably 6 months.  Not only does it taste better, but I've used salad mix I bought 2 weeks ago, and it's still okay.  Yeah, it gets a little wilty from the fridge, but there are NO rotten lettuce leaves in the bag.  None.  Plus, buying the lettuce at the farmers' market doesn't cost any more than it does at the store.  You're also supporting small local farms, which I really love the idea of.  We also get our berries there from "the berry people"; they're the only ones right now that have raspberries, blackberries and blueberries, in addition to strawberries.

Maybe next weekend......I will be thoroughly out of produce by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment