LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week Nine

Well.....just got back from the weigh-in/meeting........and I'm down 0.8 pounds!!!!!!!!  Total weight loss:  20.6 pounds.

I totally expected a gain this week, I really did.   I was estimating maybe a 1 pound gain, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find that I did have a small weight loss on the scale.  It really renews your faith in the weight loss journey when you are somewhat forced to eat out 3 days of the week for all your meals, and you STILL lose weight.  I know the weight loss was due to all the activity I did (mostly walking, a LOT of walking in Avalon), and getting back on track with eating properly at home.  I'm totally happy with this week's weigh-in.  I was all smiley when the lady behind the counter told me I had actually lost.  No, I did not do a happy dance.

I potted some strawberries and raspberries in the last few weeks, and they're finally looking good.  The strawberry plants have tripled in size and the raspberry plant is coming along.  I'm hoping it's happier in the bigger pot now.  I'm looking forward to when we can actually eat the fruit!!!

Strawberry flowers!  There's finally a bunch of buds on the strawberry plant this week, so I'm hoping I'll have some strawberries to post in a week or so.

Raspberry bush....I know it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree right now.  But, it has all that new growth, so I'm excited!

4 comments:

  1. I love that you still lost weight. That is awesome. Lifestyle changes can be so hard when we step out of our normal life.

    Beautiful plants! It appears I have a black thumb, as everything I have planted refuses to grow. I think my strawberry bush is molding. :-/ I wish I had your green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made sure that the bowl I planted the strawberries in drained REALLY well. I punched extra holes in the bottom to make sure the soil wouldn't stay soggy and nasty.

    The herbs were pretty easy, you just have to make sure you don't over water and keep them in a very sunny area (at least 6 hrs. of sun). So, a south facing area would be ideal, especially where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really know how to stay focused Steph so I know this is going to happen for you, the weight part. But if you get down to a smaller size than me again, I am going to be mad..I love summer fruit and veggies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to set my goal weight at 165. I've been at that weight before, and it seemed like a weight I could maintain. Ideally, I'd want to be around 160. My body just really doesn't like anything less than that, and I don't feel like practically living at the gym to maintain it.

    Have you been to the Farmer's Market on Spring/Clark yet? I'm going over tomorrow...I don't care if it rains.

    ReplyDelete