LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Week Eight

Okay, okay…I know I’m going in for the 9 week weigh-in, but as of 8 weeks I had lost 19.8 pounds!  I’m beyond happy.  I have “found” 2 pairs of jeans at home that I can actually wear again.  If you think that’s exciting, then just wait until I can actually get my wedding ring set on again.

We’ll see how the 9-week weigh-in goes.  I have to admit, I’m a little curious since we went to Catalina for a couple days, and I had to relinquish Absolute Power over my food to the restaurants.  For my part, I really did try hard to be smart about my food choices and not overeat.  We did a LOT of walking, so I’m sure that extra level of activity did help out a lot in mitigating the effects of my non-portion controlled, full-fat recipe, non-Weight Watcher plates.   It’s not like there’s a Subway shop for me to roll into on Catalina, people.   If the scale says I gained this week, I’ll just take it in stride.  After all, no one is perfect all the time and, for me, it’s hard to effectively lose weight when I’m eating out for all my meals.

Still, I’m hoping that there’s at least a small loss on the scale this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel you! I started my diet on January 1st. I am doing Atkins because my body can't handle sugar. It becomes fat almost instantly.

    I got super duper fat after I gave birth to my baby girl. I was 275 pounds by
    The end of the year. Now I am down 50 pounds. Solidarity!!

    To the wedding rings! We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm close....maybe another 5-10 pounds...and I can get the rings back on. I'm sure I'll be doing some Snoopy-style happy dance.

    I have noticed that I do a lot better when I don't load up on carbs. Actually, I've noticed that I don't really want to eat them all that much, and I loves me some taters.

    Keep up your good work and fight the good fight! We're in it together!

    ReplyDelete