LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week Ten

So I go in for the weekly weigh-in this morning, and I'm UP 0.6 pounds.  What.  The.  Heck.

I weigh myself at home each morning, and it looked like I was down several pounds earlier in the week.  Thursday, for whatever reason, is usually my "heavy" day and the scale went up a little; still, it looked like I had another loss this week.  Apparently, that was my body going "HA HA!!!  Watch this!  I'm gonna mess with you!"  Whatever.  I was really hungry yesterday, and I mean REALLY hungry.  It seemed like I needed, not just wanted, to eat every 3 hours and that's just not the norm for me.  Perhaps, it was my body just reacting to being in pain and not having much of an appetite earlier in the week.  Like, Friday was THE day to make up for everything.  Yeah, that's not so fabulous when you have to weigh in the next morning.  Maybe it was adjusting to being back to the normal everyday routine since the previous week I had been out of town.  Maybe it was just the Universe being silly and tweaking the answer to everything  a couple tenths higher.  Who knows?.

I also admit that I wasn't as intense in my workouts this week since my back was just killing me.  Usually I kick that treadmill into a steep incline and I'm cranking away at it doing a fast walk.  Not so much this week.  I tried to keep the pace the same, but I just couldn't do the steep incline.  I think it really did make a difference.  Next week will be better, exercise-wise.  It has to be.

Overall though, I'm choosing to take this for what it is:  a simple little hiccup.  Is it damned annoying?  You better believe it.  I was 4.4 pounds away from my 10% target loss....and now I'm 5 pounds away.  Is it the end of the world?  Heck no.  If nothing else, it's a reminder that this is a journey.  Journeys are not perfect, they have wrong turns, bumps in the road, fogginess, etc.  The bottom line is that I have lost 20 pounds (maybe my round self is liking these nice round numbers....and I wish it would take a liking to 25) overall and I'm going to keep losing weight over the next however many months it takes.  I'm in this for the long haul, and I will meet my goal!

Looks like I've got some fuzzy baby strawberries going this week.

Cilantro isn't the only thing that got fat and sassy this week; its neighbor, Mr. Dill Plant got big too.  The other herbs are growing quite a bit too.  Guess they all really enjoyed the rain we got this past week!

Here's another big stem of new growth on the raspberries.  It's got about 3 more stems coming up as well, they just aren't as big.  As soon as I'm able, I'm going to have to start training those stems to grow on the trellis.

4 comments:

  1. I have been at the same weight for 3 weeks! This weather really screws me up because I walk at lunch and it has been cold, windy and rainy. Think I will just suck it up next week and dress for the weather, get my lazy butt out there and also quit eating cookies, (Bye bye Girls Scouts)..You're right 0.6 is the Universe being silly. I hope there is no rain tomorrow and the Farmers Market is open!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week it's supposed to warm up a bit, so you might not have to get all "geared up" to walk. But yeah, those darn Girl Scouts and their cookies.....just say no.

    I don't think it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so the market should be there. Good thing too...I'm all out of produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph - I think you are doing a fabulous job! Remember - you are female and our weight seems to vary 5 pounds depending on what time of the month it is. I know I was stressed out because I was staying at the same weight for a LONG time (2 weeks?) but then, Aunt Flo came for a visit (THANKFULLY) and BAM - I was down again. My body had stored water and other yuck. Once that was purged, it was all good. I dropped 10 pounds at my next weigh-in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found that I usually weigh a little more midway in the week. I'm not sure why, but I know that the human body is a cyclical thing....and it just so happens that's when I weigh more.

    Hahahahaha.....I love that. Water and other yuck.

    This too shall pass.....I just don't plan on making a habit of weekly weight gains. :o)

    ReplyDelete