LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Digging in the earth for Earth Day.

First off, Happy Earth Day to all!  I hope everyone was able to do some small thing for the planet today.  As mindful of what we do to our bodies in the name of health, we need to make sure we keep the Earth healthy too.

Today, I started working on removing the holly bush (which had a LOT of dead leaves and branches in it) so that I could finish the fern garden in the side yard flowerbed.  I was able to take the holly out today, but it took ALL day to do it.  Ah well, so now I have my poor ferns in planters waiting to be re-planted in their final home.  I'm hoping to do that tomorrow, but I have plans in the afternoon which take up a lot of the good daylight.  So, they may have to stay in pots until Sunday morning.  I have an azalea that I want to move in that flowerbed as well.....but it's only moving 3 feet to the right where the holly used to be.  I think it will be happier there. Overall, I'm really pleased with how things went today, and I must admit I worked muscles I didn't think I was going to work.  I'm a little sore, but that's nothing a good night's sleep and some ibuprofen won't fix.

Today also provided a bonus, although Chris reaped the reward of that one.  We had 5 STRAWBERRIES on the plant today!!!!  Chris picked them off, since one was really ripe and needed to be eaten, and did give me one to try.  They were so good and sweet, plus they were pesticide-free, so you could have that joy of eating them right off the plant.  I think we have about 5 more that are on the plant that should be ready in a couple weeks.  Hopefully I can get a picture of them to show you what the plants are producing!  It's kind of exciting to grow your own food.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, and we'll see how that goes.  I'm really hoping for a loss.  I was good today; of course I was out working in the yard and it's hard to stuff your face when you're all dirty and gritty.  Still, I was mindful of my food choices.

2 comments:

  1. I think I am almost finished with my yard...or not. I saw some beautiful pots that would look so nice in the back next to the wall, that seems so needy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how that goes....a little too well. One of these days you should do a "drive by" and check out the side yard. It looks so different! Actually the whole yard looks different. It's amazing what a new gate and some new fencing will do for a yard. We actually look like real homeowners now.

    ReplyDelete