LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week Thirteen

Sigh.....up a pound this week.  Perhaps if I had just ordered tacos last night instead of a burrito, there might have been a loss on the scale.  If only, if only. 

Enough of the pity party....time to move on and re-evaluate things.  So this week, we were walking at the park.  Granted, it's on flat paths, instead of the sharp incline I usually kick the treadmill on, but we were going for twice the amount of time.  Perhaps I simply wasn't eating enough and my body freaked out.  I really do have to say that I was good this week.  I took fruits and veggies for snacking this week, so that I'd keep on track.  I did my best to drink plenty of water this week as well.  If the teasing about my bladder, while walking at the park, was any indicator....I think I can safely say that I was properly hydrated.

I think that for this week, I'm just going to make sure that I stay on track and have the fresh fruits and veggies on hand.  I've been eating more yogurt, which not only is good (the calcium and all that) but I really do like to have a cup of yogurt with a ton of berries piled on top.  Darn tasty, and filling.  Especially since I really don't care to eat much else for breakfast.  I'm going to do my best to get a walk in 4 times a week.  I had to slack the last couple weeks, and I think it's catching up to me.  Unacceptable.

Once nice thing about walking at the park, is that Chris has been going along with us.  It's nice to have him along, since ordinarily we don't really get to spend a whole lot of time together during the week.  I also really love that he's being so supportive of me with the weight loss journey, and he's doing something that's good for him too!

5 comments:

  1. Up a pound down a pound...stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks (that's me)...Le Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie -
    You are doing an awesome job! It sounds like you are doing healthy things for your body and it is showing you what it likes. Sometimes, our bodies do go up and down. It is okay. Sometimes, our bodies get stuck at specific weight because it is a place that your body is content. I know I am in a rut. I have only lost 3 pounds for the entire month of April. I just need to bring myself back to where my diet was working, and I should start losing again. I am so happy to hear about the walks...especially with the hubbie. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet: I think our bodies are stuck in the same place right now.....Noweightloss Land.

    Maybe my body likes where it is at right now....but I don't! *pouts* I know that ruts or plateaus happen...it's inevitable, but that doesn't make it any easier when it's actually happening to you. Still, I know I'm doing what I need to do for me. I've been trying to eat right, and I've actually found that sometimes I really do just want to crunch on cold veggies. I know it sounds weird, but it's true.

    Kate: I'm also really digging greek yogurt, and it might be something you'd consider trying (if you haven't already). It's a bit more tangy than conventional yogurt, and a lot thicker. It's got 10g of total carbs per cup...and this is nonfat yogurt I'm buying...but it's really creamy. I get the plain yogurt so that I can drop berries in it with a little splenda for breakfast...or I can put veggies and herbs in it for a dip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ready for a ticket out of Noweightloss Land. Do you eat the Greek Yogurt for breakfast or lunch? What kind do you get. I am thinking I may have to mix my diet up. I eat basically the same thing everyday because I know the points and at 530am I am not very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually for breakfast. I get the plain kind and then I throw a bunch of berries on top along with a little splenda to sweeten it up. I do this the night before so that the berries give off a little bit of juice. You could put whatever fruit you like on top though, whenever peaches come in season, they'd be a good choice. I get the Athenos brand, and it's 3 points for a CUP (yup, 8 ozs.)....other brands might be slightly different....and this is NONFAT yogurt I'm buying.

    ReplyDelete