LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Is Couch Surfing Still Considered a Sport...and Therefore Activity?

Yeah, I think that's stretching it a bit.  Kinda like making milk chocolate candy all about the dairy group.  Yeah right.  Nice try.

I've been feeling not quite myself this week, I think it's mostly allergies because my head felt like it was stuffed.  Stuffed with what?  Well, I'm sure you can figure it out.  I should have bought stock in Kleenex.  Still, after a couple days of allergy meds and Advil to ward off my impending sinus headache (hopefully not escalating into the Dreaded Migraine) I think it did a number on my poor stomach.  I had the worst nausea today, and just general stomach cramping and ick factor.  Blargh.

I had the best of intentions to get out and walk today after work.  I really did.  Now that the weather has been nice for a fair amount of time, and El Dorado Park is open until 8 pm, we've been walking there this week.  I do really prefer actually getting outside and walking, as opposed to walking on the treadmill indoors.  I spend all day inside at work, and it is simply lovely to get outside for an hour and move.  I also don't have people waiting for treadmills, stinky major B.O. people wandering around (I get that you sweat and get funky, but there's a whole 'nother level going on sometimes.), and those people that insist that huffing and puffing on a treadmill is a great place to carry on a super loud cell phone conversation.  Yeah, that just messes with my ability to "get in the zone".

So unfortunately, since my stomach was acting extremely iffy today, I decided to err on the side of caution and stay home.  I took immediate command of the couch, and with the kitties blessing (as they stared down at me from their perch on the back of the couch) I took a nap.  I do admit that I felt tons better when I woke up after a couple hours and I was able to eat something without my stomach giving me the immediate nasty growly sensation.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be at the park walking, chilling with the wildlife there, and making up for this lost day of exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment