LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week Eleven

I admit that I was really holding my breath before weighing in today. I’ve been hoping for a 5 pound weight loss this week…..silly, I know….so that I can hit my 10% target. Actual weight loss this week? 3.6 pounds. I can live with that.  It means I just need 1.4 more!!!  That's the goal for next week, I know I can do that!

All kidding aside, it’s been an interesting journey this time around. Yeah, I’m a WW re-tread….it’s okay. I know I’m not alone. I don’t know if it’s that I’m a few years older, that I have a strong motivation now for losing the weight and keeping it off, or if I’m just done with everyone else’s opinions on what I need to do with myself. I kind of think it’s a little of all three. I feel highly motivated this time around; while I’ve only been on WW(again) for 11 weeks, it feels like I’ve made it more of a permanent lifestyle change. I do have to give credit where credit is due to my husband. He has been very supportive of me throughout the process and ever-so-politely listens to me ramble on about how much it sucks to be fat, how tired of being fat I am, my WW meetings, etc. He also has embraced most of the changes I’ve made in the way we think about food and make our meals. He loves the “oven-fried” chicken I make for him and he really likes the oven-roasted potatoes I make; both are WW recipes.

Also, I think I’m just really done with the “meddling” opinions from others. I’m not to that point where people are saying, “Oh, why do you want to lose more weight? You’re going to look too skinny.” Hah. Far from that point, right now. I’ve lost enough where people are starting to notice that my face is looking a little thinner/less bulky and that my clothes seem to fit me better. So, it's been the nice commentary that helps to spur you on. It’s the other backhanded compliment stuff I really don’t like, and sadly, I think it’s what derailed me last time Yeah, not going to happen again…there is no “third time’s the charm”, it’s going to be done this time around. Period. It’s not like I’m trying to be 115 pounds or some unhealthy weight for myself; I’m actually shooting for a weight more towards the top end of my weight range since I know my body will be “happy” at that weight. If I can weigh 5 pounds less than that, I’ll take it. I’m not trying to get into a bikini or skimpy semi-hoochy clothes - I’m a little too old for that nonsense – I just need to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin.

It’s going to take a lot of work and practice, but I’m up for the challenge. After all, what do I have to lose except a heap of fat?

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to the 'Oh you don't need to lose weight"..Uh yes I do because "I" need to. I need to stay healthy to keep up with John, I need to be able to walk and have energy at 60+.I need to set an example.Do you like radishes,that's my crunch go to, but those little red globes of goodness are 99 cents a bunch. You are doing spectacularly and kudos to Chris, doing what a good husband needs to do "Be supportive and Listening".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...you need to do what you need to do for YOU.

    I do like radishes...I see a LOT of them at the farmers' market, but I haven't checked the prices on them.

    I've been very fortunate that I do have the support at home. It really does make a huge difference to have someone that will listen and will encourage you to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you 100%! It is so important to do things that you know are right for you. I started Atkins in January...and my husband was the one to give me the big heave-ho on that one. I am down 60 pounds, and when I tell people that I have 30 more pounds to lose, they act like that is crazy. Like it is such a big number. I am also shooting for the high end of my normal weight range. I don't want to be twiggy, but to be comfortable would be nice.

    What do you do to fight cravings? I have been yearning for onion rings and they are no where on my diet.

    I have two foods that I will allow myself to have...that are off diet. Mine are popcorn and french fries. LOL.

    I am happy for your three pounds. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we're both going for the 90 pound weight loss. Congrats on being 2/3rds there! Although, we know the last 10 pounds are the hardest. Keep up the good work and you can always message me if you have a moment of weakness and need someone to listen. I'd like to see you hit your goal.

    When I have bad cravings, I try to substitute in things that sorta have the same effect, but are better for me. Lately, I've been eating carrots/celery and garden veggie cream cheese. I get the crunchy part that I need, but I still have the satisfaction of the creamy cheesy goodness. I prefer the yoplait light thick and creamy yogurt...and if you take it out of the container and plop a bunch of berries on it...it's darn tasty. I did a lemon meringue pie flavored one with blackberries on top.

    What to do about onion ring cravings for someone on Atkins...hmmmmm. If you made a frittata or omelet you could put in grilled onions and scallions with some good sharp cheddar cheese. For crunch, I'd imagine some good crispy bacon on top would work. You'd have to tell me if that would work, carb-wise....and if you'd even eat it. It would be good for you and full of nice protein and flavor, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete