LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week Fourteen

Sigh.....up again.  This time it was 0.6 pounds.  I'm tired of this schnitzel....

I think I'm just hitting my first (of many) plateaus on this weight loss journey.  It is what it is, and I just have to work through it.  I'll eat my veggies, drink my water, take my vitamins/supplements, exercise, and everything will come back on line.  It has too.

On the exercise note......I did get my exercise in today, but not quite the way I had planned on or hoped for.  I did walk to the meeting/weigh-in this morning like I've been doing since the rains have pretty much gone away and the weather's been nice.  What I wasn't banking on was the exercise (HAH!) this afternoon.  I was out front with Chris talking to him while he was staining the fence.  I had about an hour until I needed to get ready for a baby shower.  Next thing you know, we hear yelling and the neighbor's greyhound goes running by.  Oh boy.  So we take off after the dog trying to at least keep an eye on him.  We both know there is NO way that we can catch him running.  So to make a long story a little shorter, for the better part of a half hour, my fat butt is running all over trying to keep a line of sight on the dog...and when I say my fat butt was running, I mean that I was running.  Well, jogging.....but you get the idea.  I don't run.  I don't jog.  I also apparently don't have heart attacks while doing said "faster than walking" activity, either.  Although I was sucking wind pretty good at the light on Mezzanine and Bellflower.  Anyhoo.....Chris and I decided when we lost sight of the dog at Bellflower and Wardlow that we were going to walk back home that way and see if we could spot him.  We didn't see him at the park, so we kept walking home.  All of a sudden, when we got back in the neighborhood, we see him run by (presumably) on his way back home.  So we started walking faster back to the house, especially since we saw some kids running after him.  Ugh....all we needed was that poor dog to run out onto Clark.  Nope, George the Greyhound ran home and in the front door safe and sound. 

I looked like hell....I was red in the face and sweatier than....well never mind what I was sweatier than.  At least George the Turbocharged Greyhound was safe and secure, and our neighbor was grateful for what we tried to do.  I got a bit of extra exercise in today, which is always a plus.  There's just no catching a Greyhound that doesn't want to be caught.....unless that Greyhound is a bus.

5 comments:

  1. I guess George really didn't want to leave home, just explore the neighbor. Good for you to keep an eye on him.
    We both have experience with the "plateau", it is an expected, but unwelcome guest. I think my plateau is still here, I will let you know if tomorrow is the day it leaves me..hopefully down not up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess not...but jeez....did he have to take the whole tour? I guess somehow it all made sense in his doggie mind.

    I hope it goes down for you too. It sucks when you think you're finally going to have a loss...and that darn scale goes UP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when plateau's hit.

    I was in the middle of one for a while. Sitting at 220lbs for...weeks and weeks. Then, all of a sudden, I was at 2:15. No idea why my body decided to change and no longer be happy at 220. I didn't change my diet very much and my exercise...is well...limited to running after my babies.

    Send you happy...patient thoughts.
    (And make sure you pee before the weigh-in. heheheh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like it's Ground Hogs Day (like the movie)..Still at 142.2. I am going to walk at least 4 times this week. I think my friend and I are going to do the "hill". If I was going to be stuck I wish it was at 136 instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always do a bathroom run or two before I weigh in. Believe me, I know that trick!

    I know...."Patience, Grasshopper". yeah yeah. Sometimes it is way easier said than done. Still, this too shall pass. There was one person at the meeting who commented that she was essentially stuck in an 8 month plateau wasteland. Ugh. Hope that's not me.

    ReplyDelete