LilySlim Weight loss tickers

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” --Colin Powell
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week Twelve

I grabbed the brass ring!!!! That’s right, I finally hit my 10% target weight loss this week!!!!! I got the nifty keychain, which is now this coppery color so I guess it really is a "brass ring"; I also hit a milestone of being 25 pounds down.  Which is.....wow.  Right now I have the feeling that I used to have as a kid back in the day when you got two toys in your Happy Meal or cereal box. Bonus!

This is the first really big goal for me. Sure, I had the 5 pound weight loss goal and the 5% target weight loss goal, but I reached those so quickly and so early on that they really didn’t seem to carry as much weight (pardon the pun there) as this goal. This is a goal I’ve had to actually put some time and work into. It’s taken me 3 months to achieve this, and I have had to really revamp my lifestyle to make this a reality. The next small personal goal is to be able to wear my wedding ring set again; I haven’t been able to wear it for two years. I would love to be able to put the rings on for my second anniversary in May. I’m close now, but they’re still a little too snug on the knuckle for me. I’d like to be able to put them on, AND take them off if I need to. I’m thinking maybe if I lose another 5-10 pounds I should be able to reach this goal.

Next week I really need to get back on track, exercise-wise. This week I had to beg off twice: one time was for an important meeting at work and the other was because I had a gnarly sinus headache from the winds/weather changes. I know, excuses, excuses. That’s why I’m going to get back on track next week. I know that I don’t see results the way I’d like to see results if I don’t do the baseline minimum. That, for me, is hitting the gym 4 times a week. I’m sure somewhere there was a sad treadmill because I wasn’t there.

No comments:

Post a Comment